ReadyNas Duo problem - help!

Calling all ReadyNas Duo owners

We had a blackout last night for about 90 minutes. I have the auto power on/off functionality implemented. I suspect the Duo didn't power down normally due to the blackout, as it did not restart this morning under auto power on.

I pressed the power button once, and now for the last 8 hours the duo has been running. There is no blue power light on, it just has a green led the alternates between disk 1 and 2 at roughly one second intervals.

Raidar doesn't recognise any Nas being attached.

Any clues on what might be happening, and how I get my Duo working again?

I can play CD's via Dacmagic from a dvd player in our family room, but I am left completely without music in the study - driving me mad!

I see you're getting some help with this over on the ReadyNas forums, but on a slightly different note, I suggest you get yourself a UPS, which could have prevented this.

For about $100 you should be able to get hold of one that will keep the ReadyNas running anything up to an hour with the mains power off. This will keep you going through the short outages, and ensure a controlled shutdown during extended blackouts (provided the UPS is one of the ReadyNas compatible ones). It's quite possible that a sudden loss of power could damage your disks; and having them mirrored will not help you in this situation.

Thanks goatcatcher. Yes, I am fishing around on a number of forums for help - it has been running for 20 hours now without change so I guess I am going to have to try something drastic. I will follow the advice on the ReadyNas forum

I had come to the conclusion about the UPS as well, I will be ordering one very shortly. Fortunately, all but about my last 10 cds were also copied to another external drive as backup so hopefully the data loss won't be too much of an issue if it does occur.